OOTD: This Way

Friday, April 21, 2017


Some weeks (like this one) the work week nearly kills me, but on days when I can sneak away and play around in the new Second Ave subway stations all day? Beyond fun!








Shirt Jacket: Level 99 via Anthropologie | Top: Madewell | Jeans: American Eagle | Necklace: Madewell
Watch: Apple (refurb available here) | Bag: Chloe | Shoes: J. Crew
Lashes: The Lash Loft -- if you're a NYC local use my link for a special new customer offer!!
photos: Bekka Palmer 

Life has been pretty exhausting lately, as I struggle to balance all of the opportunities and demands coming my way. Sometimes I can balance all of the spinning plates perfectly while right now it feels a bit like all the plates are crashing down around me loudly. It's funny how I always think, "When this happens..." or "When I get to that point..." things will be different, and they are but never quite how I expect! Mostly I'm just running on fumes right now and in need of a good night's sleep. These periods of high activity always seem to sneak up on me!

Sneaking away for some fun is therefore a requirement to get through these busy times, and Bekka and I had a fantastic time exploring the new Upper East Side subway stations on the Q line, part of the new Second Ave subway. It's amazing to see a new subway line be born in my lifetime and though I was skeptical when it was first announced the line has been rather life changing for me, making the UES suddenly accessible again, less than 30 minutes by subway now as opposed to closer to 45 minutes before. You can see another 2nd Ave subway OOTD here.

This outfit seemed so right for the 96th Street station, which features beautiful blue walls and pages that seem to be migrating across the mezzanine wall. This is a pretty typical Spring look for me -- especially on rainy days, below my rain coat (which you can see on me here) and after I've switched the rain boots for my heels. Spring in NYC starts cold in the morning, is usually pretty warm during the day before rapidly getting back to cold at night. So layering is key!!

I'm absolutely in love with these jeans, and you'll see them again in another OOTD soon! What your favorite clothing item right now?

Note: Anthropologie is offering an extra 40% off sale this weekend!