OOTD: Lavender Leather

Tuesday, April 18, 2017


For days that start off chilly with potential to get warmer, a lovely lavender makes the leather moto jacket a softer outfit topper...











Jacket: Rebecca Taylor (also here, here and here) | Dress: Cloth & Stone via Anthropologie
Rings: Anthropologie | Bag: Madewell | Shoes: J. Crew | Earrings: J. Crew

Ever have those days where you look into your closet, and although you just know that there are 50 good outfits in there, you find yourself wishing for something new? I wonder if that is why I like to buy new clothing so much -- a short-term memory device of sorts where I know that outfit I bought a few days ago is going to feel fresh and lovely? What do you think? Do you often find yourself stumped by your closet and heading out for new too?

April finds me wishing that the weather was just a bit warmer so I can wear all the pretty colors in my closet. This Rebecca Taylor moto jacket in the most beautiful lavender is the perfect compromise -- I can be in soft and feminine colors yet still stay warm. Though my hair was getting tossed about by the wind, I was nice and comfy thanks to the moto jacket! I also love the smaller lapel which adds to that delicate look and feel.

Paired with a dress in the softest chambray and the only way I'd ever wear paint splatter (the clutch), this outfit is one that makes me smile. And the dress is 25% off right now! What items in your closet make you smile?