OOTD: I like the way you move

Tuesday, April 25, 2017


I'm in love with so many of the color combinations Madewell is carrying this Spring, which make dressing for days both warm and chilly easy and effortless...











Jacket : Madewell | Dress: Madewell | Bag: Madewell | Sunglasses: Madewell
Earrings: Anthropologie | Necklace: J. Crew Factory | Tights: Hue | Boots: TOMS
photos: Bekka Palmer

As much as I am enjoying seeing all the summery looks on Instagram, here in Manhattan things are still pretty cold most days. I feel like red is an ideal color for Spring days when the temperatures are down in the 50s, don't you? It has a nice mix of cheery and yet also subdued to it. The Posy Ruffle Dress ($158) has a certain 90s vibe to it -- I could see this being right at home on Angela from "My So-Called Life," a seminal TV show from my pre-teen years, but it also's updated enough that a few friends reported seeing it at Coachella this past weekend too. It's short on me at 5'8" but still completely wearable, especially with tights underneath.

I'm having tons of fun too with my Madewell moto jacket, which you can also see on me here. With its soft buttery leather it's less stiff than my other moto jackets making it ideal for Spring days. I am kind of secretly wishing for a few more chilly weeks so I can get the most wear out of it possible before it's time to pack it away for the Summer!

This is the kind of outfit I can wear to work, around the Farmer's Market, or any other untold number of goings-on. It has all the things I look for in an everyday look: cute details, a bit of flowiness, great fit and feels good on!

The title of this post comes from the bike riding messenger you can see of the background of the top photo, who gave me those words of encouragement while Bekka and I shot this outfit. Gotta love NYC, and especially popular public spots like Union Square!

You can see more Madewell OOTDs: 1 | 2 | 3 and one more coming Friday!
See the boots on me: 1 | 2 | 3