J.Crew's latest promo is too good to resist!

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Up your neutrals game with the White denim skirt with raw hem ($70 + 30% off)
and a tan shirt. This one is sold out, but I like this top even better anyway!

It's been a pretty dramatic couple of weeks for J. Crew, first announcing the departure of Jenna Lyons, then laying off 150 employees and quietly parting ways with Head Men's Designer Frank Muytjens. But on their website you'd never know anything was up as things look as cheery as usual, with two wonderful new promos to boot!

I've actually loved quite a bit of what J. Crew has done this Spring, and want to support the brand (and especially my friends who work there!). So let's talk good news: right now J. Crew is offering 30% off your purchase and an extra 40% off sale, both with the code BIGSALE. In this promo you'll find lots of neutral and colorful delights to make your Spring and Summer closets really pop!

Inside, the items that I've purchased and have caught my eye in-store...



I go to J. Crew looking for preppy chic, something they have in spades. Although many stores are carrying a one-shoulder ruffle top this year I ultimately decided to purchase the One-shoulder ruffle top in eyelet (now $88 + 40% off) because of the little details in this top, including the double ruffle and the fun different sizes of eyelet in the top. I'm shooting an OOTD with it today, and am pairing it with white jeans (these from last year, though these current ones are also a great idea) and a pop of color for an ultra-sleek look.




The Off-the-shoulder striped sweater (now $70 + 40% off) has been popping up in my Instagram feed a lot recently (most recently on Katie's Bliss) with good reason -- it's such a cute, lightweight sweater! More of a shirt really, the mixed stripes are a wonderful modern update on a classic pattern. It would go great with the white skirt topping this post; I have been wearing mine over a leather midi skirt from last year (seen on me here).



Another item from J. Crew that I bought awhile ago and love, but haven't mentioned much lately, are the Skinny stretch cargo pant with zippers (now $40-$70 plus up to 40% off, seen on me here). I adore the ankle zippers and the pockets, which have great placement in my opinion! Sometimes these big cargo-style pockets can be overwhelming for my lower half but not here. I own them in navy and linen.

Here are a few more of my latest J. Crew pickups that I adore and recommend:
1 | Looking for cute ballet flats? The Camille ballet flats in satin (now $100 + 30% off) are pretty, comfy and fit like a dream! Sizes keep popping back so be sure to watch for yours.
2 | It was my second choice (the long sold-out Northward Army Crop Jacket from Madewell in blush was my first choice), but now that I have the Garment-dyed safari shirt-jacket (now $65 + 30% off) in blush, I can't imagine living without it! This jacket runs huge -- I purchased it in a small. The back flutter is great for movement while walking but it's not so oversized to be ridiculous. I wear mine with a white tee shirt and sleek jeans.
3 | You see them on me all the time in OOTDs; I love the Colette D'Orsays ($248 + 30% off) that I purchased them in a second color, the ashen brown.
4 | The Gingham ruffle-hem dress ($128) is stunning in person and is great for work or play. It runs true to size though it's slightly longer, so petites may find it too long.
5 | I love my Floral necklace ($128 + 30% off) and wear it all the time (here most recently), likewise the Crystal Venus flytrap necklace ($98 + 30% off) has been a closet staple of mine for years now.

Want J. Crew outfit ideas? See my Spring picks -- including complete looks -- in this post and this one too.


Below you'll find photos of everything mentioned in this post, plus lots more picks from the promo and sale (with a couple of exceptions that I like so much I had to include anyway!!). Note that my goal is not to overwhelm you with all these picks, but rather to show that there is a lot of good stuff to choose from in this promotion. What's been good for you at J. Crew?