OOTD Double Shot: Pink Diamonds with Tulle and A Little Rumple Never Hurt Anyone

Tuesday, March 7, 2017


(Pink) diamonds -- and tulle -- are this girl's best fashion friends.









Coat: Club Monaco | Dress: Club Monaco | Cardigan: J. Crew | Earrings: J.Crew Factory (also here)
Bag: Madewell | Shoes: J. Crew (old) | Sheer Tights: Target | Lips: NARS Kate | Watch: Apple
photos: Bekka Palmer

As excited as I am for Spring, it was a confronting reality for my boyfriend and I when we returned to New York to balmy temperatures of about 3 degrees farenheit. So while Spring OOTDs are on the way stat, I have a few more winter looks to show you! Bonus -- many of these pieces (especially the coats!) are now on sale, which makes building next winter's closet all the easier.

It's hard not be happy when wearing pink and tulle. While I love big tulle skirts, I can't pull them off, so I'm delighted that this J.Crew cardigan lets me live the dream through slightly more adult means. The cardigan is also the perfect length to show just a few of the diamond-shaped cutouts which line both sides of the Club Monaco dress. There is so much to love at both of these retailers right now! It's making me ever more excited for Spring. This outfit is great for work because of all the layers and because it's a subtle palette that helps me escape into my office when I need to work on important reports without interruption! But I can't go without a little pop of color, which comes via the big yet lightweight earrings and shoes, which I wish J.Crew would reissue!!

I felt inspired by Princess Kate to add some sheer tights to this look, both to keep my legs just a hint warmer and also to even out my pale wintery skintone. (I am now trying to hold on to my vacation tan as long as possible!!)

This coat and cardigan combo work so well together, here's another, more casual take.







Coat: Club Monaco | Cardigan: J. Crew | Necklace: J. Crew | Pants: J. Crew
Shoes: J. Crew Factory | Sunnies: J. Crew | Bag: Free People
photos: Dara Esti

For take two, we've got the same top two layers with navy underneath. And what a killer casual combo this is! When I think of neutrals I generally think of navy, taupe, black and cream but blush is another great option. Playing around with tones of a color is one of my favorite tricks in dressing myself.

Unfortunately, sometimes the picture tells a tell I didn't see in real life -- I had no idea this cardigan got so rumply around the placket as I move! Yet in a strange way, with all that tulle, I think the rumple is kind of cute. To get around this in the future I'll likely leave the cardigan mostly unbuttoned, or wear it over something less smooth than these very soft and slick twill zipper pants (that are so awesome!).

You can always shop my looks in one place via this blog page or by signing up to get them delivered directly to your email! I invite you to follow along on my Instagram or Facebook page too, as I often post previews or non-blog outfits there!