OOTD: Some Spring in my step

Friday, February 24, 2017


There was a hint of Spring earlier this week in New York City, and I took full advantage to try out one of my sure-to-be favorite transitional warm-weather looks...










Dress: Boden | Jacket: AG Jeans (also 1 | 2) | Shoes: J. Crew | Sunnies: J. Crew | Watch: Apple
Bag: Jo Handbags (old, previously) | Roses: From the BF! | Earrings: Anthropologie | Sheer Tights: Target 
photos: Bekka Palmer

Boden has been killing it lately! Absolutely slaying the game, in my opinion. Their print scale is much better than it used to be, their color combinations within items rock, I love that they show real-life outfits plentifully on their website, and perhaps most importantly, each season's collection has a cohesive color palette and silhouette palette! It's so freeing to know that a dress I like, such as the Martha Dress ($150 + 15% off) you see on me will have several coordinating cardigans to choose from in fit, color and length. If other brands want to know why their sales are suffering right now, this in my mind is the main cause.

Many of you here are probably too young to remember the days of ordering clothing from catalogues by phone (or mail!), but in my childhood that's exactly what we did (and I'm only in my early 30s! Technological advancements of the last 20 years blow me away). These days, Boden is one of the few stores that has no stores in the USA so it can be a bit of a mental hurdle to buy from them when you're not sure how the sizing will go.

I'm not sure that people know that Boden makes individual size charts for many items! In my experience they are more than 90% accurate, with the main challenge being that I am curvy and sometimes the size chart takes a slightly straighter body into consideration. Usually however I find their sizing charts spot on, and if not the customer reviews are sure to reflect that!

No matter what your shape you'll want to size up in this dress as the cut of the skirt is made to hug. I'm in a 10 here which is what I take in sheaths, while in flare or a-line dresses I am typically a 6. The Martha Dress can easily be belted -- this one works very well for that purpose!

Today and tomorrow you can take 15% off your Boden purchase with the code 8R3M. I shared some of my favorite Boden picks recently in these posts: 1 | 2 | 3. More Boden outfits coming soon!