OOTD: Fog is Lifting

Tuesday, February 14, 2017


Hiding behind the fog? The downtown Manhattan skyline. Hiding below this jacket? The cutest sweater dress I've ever seen.








Earrings: J.Crew Factory (also here) | Coat: Madewell (also here, here, here or here!) | Dress: Club Monaco
Bag: TL-180 via Club Monaco | Tights: Hue | Shoes: J.Crew Factory | Lipstick: NARS Kate
photos: Bekka Palmer (she also makes incredible necklaces!)

I find it endlessly amusing that the weather for the last few New York Fashion Weeks has been categorically awful, as though Mother Nature is hinting to the design world that changes need to be made. I've felt a shift for sure this time around, with several of my day job's clients choosing not to show at all this time around and attendance down at many presentations. There is a more muted vibe that's palpable.

Unfortunately, rain and hail and sleet and, yes, snow are not legitimate reasons to cancel shows! So I've been doing my best this week running around from backstage to backstage for work in the cutest outfits I can muster that also keep nice and toasty. This look has turned out to be a real winner for me, so much so that I've already repeated it this week! (I've also repeated leggings, a sweatshirt and a messy braid. The epitome of glamorous!!)

What I love so much about this Club Monaco Sweater Dress is that it seamlessly transitions from my day job to any work events to date night. The colors are beautiful -- I'm such a lavender fan -- and the shape is pretty much universally flattering. I often take the largest size at Club Monaco -- usually a large or 12 -- but this dress is quite stretchy so I'm in my usual medium instead.