Madewell's sale goes an extra 40% off!!

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Madewell's all, 'We see your extra 40% off sale and we'll match it!' Hooray!!

Not to be outdone by all the other retailers, Madewell this morning announced that its sale items are now an extra 40% off through Thursday. Use code BIGSALE. This promo is valid both in-store and online.

Inside, my favorite sale picks...I have to warn that some of them are selling out from right under me!



Let's start with dresses, where pretty frocks like the Silk Lowlight Lace-Inset Mini Dress (now $140 + 40% off, above, also in pink) went from 'like to have' to 'must have!!' with this promo. One would probably like a nice warm coat to wear over it right now, which is where the City Grid Coat in burnished cedar (now $180 + 40% off) or colorblock (now $200 + 40% off) come in -- both are warm but not hugely voluminous on!



Over in cute shirt land, I'm a proud owner of the Lakeside Peplum Shirt in Buffalo Check (now $30 + 40% off, above) and completely jealous of everyone who lands the top for such a steal! The top runs short so I sized all the way up to large for length and yes it's huge on me, but comfy and fun on the weekends. Perfect for hiding too many pancakes at brunch and such.

Perhaps you need a sweater to go over your top, in which case I've got some recommendations. Firstly, I have raved repeatedly about the Southfield Mockneck Sweater (now $70 + 40% off) and will do so again here because it is perfection! But if you think mocknecks are a mockery and want something else, there's the Cashmere Convertible Turtleneck Sweater in Cableknit (now $170 + 40% off) and the equally wonderful Classic Cable Pullover Sweater (now $70 + 40% off) which Madewell made in boatneck one year and I wish I'd bought 7 because it was so amazing! The crewneck is nearly as good.



Time to accessorize. Let's start in shoes, where the ultra-comfy Billie Boots in leather (now $160 + 40% off, above) are here to please at a promotional discount, as are such pretties as the Lainy Sandal in Velvet (soooooo yummy, now $100 + 40% off) are a downright steal of a crime of a closet bragging right. Another velvet beauty is the Inez Ankle Strap Shoe in Velvet (now $100 + 40% off).

The Julie Flat in Velvet (now $100 + 40% off) is flying into low stock as I write this, but the Julie Flat in Suede (now $60 + 40% off) has much more size selection as of this writing. I love my green Mira Heels, and the burgundy (now $100 + 40% off) is a great buy too.

Over in jewelry, the After Midnight Necklace Set (now $19-$23 + 40% off) is a versatile piece, and I like the playfulness of the Tassel Layered Chain Necklace (now $30 + 40% off). One more great steal? Select colors of the Transport Satchel (now $150 + 40% off) are on sale too!

Although some of these items (and many other Madewell sale goodies) are flying out of stock, they are still plentiful in-store. For example I saw lots of sizes of the Julie Flat in Velvet (now $100 + 40% off) during my lunch break at the Flatiron (NYC) Madewell, and more down in Soho. So use this post both as a buying guide and perhaps an inspiration guide too!