Investigating Anthropologie's newest arrivals

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

My body is in New York but my mind has already made the jump to Costa Rica.
Perhaps I'll pack Anthro's Dip-Dye Linen Tunic ($152).

Hello from home in NYC, where I have about 3 days before hitting the road again. After a beautiful vacation in Stowe, Vermont I am chilling on my couch til New Year's Eve. With 2014 drawing to a close I'm looking ahead to January 2015 and all the delightful things it will bring. Snow! (Hopefully.) My birthday! (Excitedly.) And trips to warm weather. (Finally!) I've got another 6 weeks of work-related travel before settling down back home, so it's going to be a little while yet before I can get into a store to do any reviews. Hopefully on one of my home layovers I can make the trip to try some stuff on.

Is Anthropologie releasing a January catalogue? I'm not even sure...usually they have their lookbook previews up by now but there's nothing yet. January babies always get the shaft as everyone else comes down off their holiday highs. Even without a lookbook Anthro's mind is clearly on resort with some transitional winter pieces mixed in and so is mine. Inside, some of my favorites from the latest releases.






It is still winter outside of course so my body is craving some big comfy sweaters to warm up in around the apartment and on weekend jaunts. The Teddy Cowl Pullover ($178) and Soana Cowl Pullover ($188) seem like great options although oversized. I love the look of the Kebren Stripe Knit Dress ($138)...I feel like it would work now and in the spring too depending on its weight. Definitely tops on my must-try-on list right now.

My New Year's Eve plans changed unexpectedly. I'm now attending a more formal gathering and crossing my fingers and toes that the Emerald Facet Flared Dress ($168) I ordered somehow arrives in time to wear tomorrow evening. I chose overnight shipping...please please please come pretty party dress!

But beyond that my mind is firmly at the beach, where I could wear the Riva Tunic ($245) or Pelagia Cape ($400) after surfing the waves on a windy Hawaii morning; or the Dahlia Embroidered Maxi Dress ($198) or Embroidered Callie Dress ($210) I could wander around Costa Rica in on one of my work retreat's off days. I do like Anthropologie's pretty swim options as always but as always they have exactly 0 options for D cups, so that makes me kind of angry.

Have you tried on any of Anthropologie's newest releases? What's new to your wishlist, to your closet? What are you hoping to see released soon? (WORK CLOTHING perhaps??)