Mini guest post: Reviews by Julianne

Monday, May 24, 2010


This week will be heavy on reviews. This past weekend lots of new stuff was out so I tried on as much as possible (giving my arms a nice workout). But let's kick things off with a mini-guest review set. This is Julianne's first time guest posting for EA and I'm excited to welcome her to the fantastic guest posting roster. If you're interested in writing a guest post please email me or click the "contact" link near the top of the blog. On to the guest post...


Hi readers, and thanks so much Roxy for letting me post! I live in Vancouver, B.C. and there is no Anthropologie nearby (there is an Urban Outfitters, though, so I keep my fingers crossed!) so I have to wait for things in the mail. My other option is to drive to one of the fabulous Seattle locations which I do every couple of months. Without further ado, here are my reviews:



Lily of the Valley Blouse ($128) by Floreat: First off, I love this blouse! I think it's really pretty, and I will definitely wear it. It is cotton, slightly sheer, and the lace is so beautiful. It is by Floreat, if any of you know what Floreat's sizing is like, and I am wearing a size 6 (my normal size). Truly, though, if I wanted it to fit like the model's (and sometimes I do like my clothes a little looser) I would go to an 8. The 6 fits well and comfortably, but if you want that looser, more hippie-sh look, then sizing up is the answer. It is fitted around the waist band, and it is not very forgiving in the bust (snap closure) so if you have a large ribcage or are very busty, size up as well. I completely recommend this blouse, I think it's really gorgeous.



Chiminu Kata Tank ($78) by Edme & Esyllte: I thought this tank was really wonderful online! I still do, but I'm not sure it's worth $78. This is a size 6, by the way. It has a suspension back (see the product shot) which is super gorgeous. The way that the print is arranged on the top could be very slimming, and it flares out slightly at the hips. My mother tried this on (she is very tiny) and on her little frame the top was very overwhelming so very petite girls, bear in mind. It is an easily wrinkled fabric (you can tell from the photos) but otherwise, a very easy summer top. For me, the only things I wasn't so sure about were the fabric and the cost. I'm not sure if I love it enough... maybe if I still am eyeing it at sale time. I could also get something similar, I think from a hippie store on Vancouver's Commercial Drive.