Here's how she spent it (contest update)

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Way back in March many of you participated in Effortless Anthropologie's Scavenger Hunt contest. We laughed, we cried, Anthro cut us off early. Then a winner was chosen! I asked Tissa if she would send along a guest post on how she spent her $250 gift card and she was kind enough to do so! Below is her post. We'll have another contest soon!!

First off, I want to thank Roxy for putting together such a fun contest. Thank you for all of your work!

I’d been coveting the Reed Shirtdress for months and was delighted to score it on sale in the blue pattern. It’s really the perfect shirtdress: so much so that I’m dreaming of owning it in other colorways!

I was both excited and skeptical when I first saw the Cartography Cardigan pop up online; excited because I love anything having to do with maps or ships, and skeptical because that color tends to wash me out. I ended up loving it when I tried it in store and took it home immediately, as I was afraid it’d sell out before making it to sale! (Side note: I was expecting to have to size up based on the reviews, but my usual size XS ended up fitting me better. The XS was a little snugger than I prefer, but the small was just too baggy in the upper arm/chest area. I’d suggest sticking with your regular size if you’re small-chested like me and sizing up if you’re not.)

The Blue Book Blouse was a no-brainer. I’d missed out on its fall version, the Dewpoint Blouse (it was sold out in my size by the day it was put on sale... sad), so I purchased this straightaway rather than risking missing this one too. (Though- not going to lie- I’m a little sad that I ended up being wrong and could have saved a bit if I had waited. C’est la vie!) On a positive note, I did end up liking this blouse more than I did the fall version: the fit is perfect at the waist and the blue is lovely!

Last but not least, I got the Pessinus Garden Necklace in silver! I’m not a jewelry person at all, but I loved it on Maria and Tien and I couldn’t resist when I spotted it in store.

This actually isn’t part of the purchase, but this package arrived for me right before I started taking pictures and I couldn’t resist including a picture of my new Plaza Cardigan! (The same package included a Spilling Ruffles Cardigan- kudos to the Woodcliff store for sending out my stuff so fast- but I was tired of fiddling with the tripod at that point. Newfound admiration for fashion bloggers and hatred for prime lenses.)

I look forward to participating in more contests on this blog! :)