Reviews: Buoyant Bunches Cardi, Button Bin Cardi, Blooming Lattice Cardi, Crossroads Tee, Curlytop Cardigan

Tuesday, April 13, 2010


Lately I have found myself in love with long cardigans. I think it's a personal backlash against the cropped look. I didn't really notice the Buoyant Bunches Cardi ($78) in the catalogue but at the store I gravitated towards it.



There are two colors available online (grey and the moss I tried on) and a third variant in store (blue striped). The content varies slightly between the colors from a thorough cotton for the grey to a jersey mix for the others.

I tried on a medium. I could have easily sized down to a small but I didn't want to. This cardigan was so comfortable from the moment I put it on I had a hard time taking it off at all. I found it slimming and elongating. It will be one of those pieces I leave at the office to combat the air conditioning and keep a second at home. As I mentioned this morning the most recent outfit set shows the cardi belted and it's a great option. This one came home with me.



Girls from Savoy's Button Bin Cardi ($98) has a promising concept -- an adorable print sure to please over dresses or paired with skirts. While I think the button print works on the body of the cardigan, I find the faux button trim looks cheap around the collar.

I had to size up to a large for this cardi. I find that cropped cardigans fit me wonky. The length on this one isn't too bad, hitting me at high waist. But the material is thin which gives me concern and the actual buttons on the placket look cheap. Then again, you could completely reject my take given the overwhelmingly positive online reviews. For me, back to the rack.



I have a confession to make -- last week was Anthropologie's Employee Appreciation week and a friend offered to help me take advantage. So my buy total was way up. Another piece I gave in on was the Blooming Lattice Cardigan ($98). I am such a Field Flower by Wendi Reed fan as the quality is good. And while I just bought the From the Green cardi a little while ago on sale I think the collar is different enough here to justify the purchase.

I tried on the large and found it to fit comfortably, though a bit big. The medium was fine but pulled a bit across my chest so I went with the upper size. I love the snap closures. The petals on the color are actually tinged with pink which is a brilliant touch. No sheerness issues and the material feels soft against the skin. I want the navy color too if this sweater makes it to sale. For now the green came home with me.



I gave C. Keer's Crossroads Tee ($68) a go based on the stunning green color. (Yes, I love me some green!) In-store this top was also available in a beautiful royal purple and an espresso brown color.

I tried on my usual medium but it didn't quite work out. The shirt was fine over my chest -- hallelujah -- but was pulling across the tummy. A large would probably be my final choice. Oddly a few of the online reviews say this top runs large. I suppose that if you're a straight shape that will be the case but curvier gals like me will want the additional accommodations. This shirt is a little sheer as you can see my white cami showing through. This is due to the wide knit.

I love the faux wrap styling and thick cabling. The length is another plus for me. Wishlisted!



Tien first alerted me to the Curlytop Cardigan ($98) and oh my I love it! The intricate stitching and not-overpowering ruffles are pretty droolworthy in my book. It's like the women's version of a sport jacket; a cardigan for all seasons and purposes.

I was immediately comfortable in my true size medium and seriously debated bringing this one home before realizing my budget was already spent. This one has a spot high on my wishlist. I can see it being dressed up or down, worn now and later.