Wishlist: March 2010

Sunday, February 28, 2010

How's the winter been treating you? For a snow-lover like me it's been a dream -- two snowstorms with accumulation here in NYC and a few weekends up north sliding down hills on my bum snowboarding. I spent this weekend at Sugarbush in Vermont with some friends, after we bought plane tickets up there on a whim on Friday after the "snowcane." Note to weatherpeeps: this hyperbolic trend needs to die. Now we enter March, the month that roars in like a lion and goes out like a lamb. Here's hoping there's a couple more lions in this winter yet. For Anthropologie it's been the winter of denial. Too few sweaters, too many short sleeves. At least now the lighter weight is appropriate as it's time to turn to spring wear. My wishlist is populated with darker fabrics but in lighter materials.



1. Billowy Blouses. I'm not quite ready for flutter sleeves but I like the idea of moving to lighter materials. The To The Sun Blouse ($78) has hundreds of tiny birds migrating back from the south while the Bretonnes Blouse ($68) has a chic shape I can't wait to try on. With Free Shipping, I may just take the plunge and order these if they don't arrive in stores soon.



2. Long and Lean. Even though my hourglass is slightly bigger on the bottom than up top I still love it when the right tunic creates a long and lean shape. For the weekends the Cecily Tunic ($88) will look great over jeans and open toes (sandals, I miss you!). For work the Look-Sharp Tunic ($88) might work well over leggings for work. Even though leggings are still not pants. And the Neutral Density Tunic ($88) has a little bit of frill that makes it right for after-dark fun. Love and want all three.



3. Put your bag on my shoulder. The bag on the left is called the Peanut Butter Bow Tote ($228). There are few things I love more than Peanut Butter and some how that's carrying over to desire for the bag. The Braided Perimeters Hobo ($335) is sleek with a price to match while Cynthia Rowley's Areca Silhouettes Tote ($325) is instantly recognizable and highly covetable.



4. Jewelry in bloom. Even though Anthropologie's jewelry has a ridiculous markup I find myself drawn to a few items with each new release. I've already ordered the Cherished Trinkets Necklace ($38). I hope it looks just as lovely in person. The Eila Necklace ($218) has one seal of approval in the reviews section. Flowers are on the mind through the Sunbell Necklace ($48), the Muted Begonia Necklace ($228) and the Moss & Petals Necklace ($68). Can a person have too many necklaces? I hope not.



5. Windbreakers. Though scarves are typically associated with winter I like to wear them in the spring to combat the wind. Which of these should I pair with my Inverness Trench? (Or, uh, maybe the Two Paths Trench ($188).) Are those kittehs on the Animal Art Scarf ($68)? I think so; consider me sold. The mossy green and orange tones of the Waterflower Scarf ($58) make me swoon while the neutral grey and voluminous texture of the Petticoat Scarf ($28) makes it a good match for just about any outfit.

What's on your March wishlist? Free Shipping is tempting me to place more orders, that's for sure...