Reviews: Tic-Tac-Toe Blouse, Point-De-Venise Tank, Lambent Amaryllis Blouse, Green Thumb Blouse

Thursday, February 25, 2010


Oooh, Floreat. You have truly achieved cropped perfection with your Tic-Tac-Toe Blouse ($98). Now normally I'd be complaining left and right about the length of this top BUT in this case the cropped look completely works. It's meant to be worn over a high-waisted skirt (or pants, or sailor shorts) and I just love it.



I grabbed my normal 6 and while I thought it fit fine in the dressing room I see the front flap isn't supposed to be open. I would probably have to size up at least 1 size and maybe 2. No matter though. The print is just adorable and this top has a decidedly mid-century look to it. It's work appropriate but could also be worked into a weekend outfit easily. This will be mine at some point. Wishlisted!



I wasn't really interested in the Point-De-Venise Tank ($68) but goldenmeans looked pretty fantastic in it and what am I if not the occasional Anthropologie lemming? So I grabbed this deceptive cotton tank with lace overlay and tried it on in my normal medium. It's serviceable.

I suppose that sounds like a backhanded compliment. I can't put my finger on it but something is not quite right. My hope was to look pretty and feminine in it but I feel frumpy. The pulling under the bust is not OK with me and why is the lace overlay so much longer on me? Sale could bring a reconsideration but this one's a pass for now.



Lil loves them some appliqued sparkly flowers this year. First the Glimmering Magnolia Dress and now the Lambent Amaryllis Blouse ($118). I have to admit that when I hear lambent these days I think Gears of War and I doubt that's the comparison Anthropologie was hoping to draw. But the shirt looked cute on the website's main page last week so I gave it a shot.

I tried on my true size 6. The problem with this flowy style is that if you have a larger chest it ends up looking like a muu muu. The flower is nice enough and I like the flutter sleeves a lot. The sheerness is frustrating though the material is right. There is not much hope for this shirt and me to be friends. Back to the rack. And it only gets worse...



...muu muu number 2! Aka the Green Thumb Blouse ($118). Once again this is my true size 6. I'm not even going to comment on this one -- I think the pics speak for themselves. If you need me I'll be playing shuffleboard in the back.