Outfits: 50s proper

Tuesday, January 26, 2010



Anthropologie's Facebook Fans were given a special treat on Sunday -- a preview of all six new outfits unveiled yesterday. It's another gorgeous set with plenty of eye candy to love. While I love the look and styling of all of the photos I find them costumey. There's plenty in here for the inspiration board but no outfit I'd want to pull straight from screen to life.

In the outfit above, I like the way the textures were mixed together from sparkle on the Leading Light Bibi ($378) to the crest of the Bouquet Of Stripes Tee ($68). I like the potential of the Tender Night Cardigan ($88). I've seen the Draped Pumps ($148) in the Soho Anthro and they are a beautiful grassy green. The Painter's Work Skirt ($288) looks beautiful but impossibly short.



It's great to see the Winter Aconite Tote ($228) though I wonder how true to color this shot is. This photo certainly moves it up on my wishlist! My favorite component in this look is actually the Sleek Strands Bobbies ($10) which come in sets of 8, each with cute patterns. The Reed Shirtdress ($118, review here) looks pretty timeless in this shot though I'm thrown by the choice of the Brass Clasp Belt ($42) and Side-By-Side Flats ($98) to coordinate. I would have expected a leather belt and oxfords.



They call this set preppy prim and the focus seems to be on the prim in this outfit. I love it though I could never pull it off. Without a doubt my eyes go straight for the Edge Of Reason T-Straps ($325) which -- Bridget Jones allusions aside -- are pretty in pink. Another cute set of hair clips is in play here courtesy of the Glittering Trio Bobbies ($12). The main outfit is the Both Sides Blouse ($88) tucked into the Openwork Vines Skirt ($128) with the Roses Underwater Clutch ($98) thrown in for color.



Ah, I see my "Bold Boutonniere" top has finally made it online. Turns out it's really called the Tartan Rose Tieback ($88, review here). Anthropologie layered the Ruffled Cami ($54, review here) underneath. I like the idea but I wonder how comfortable (or bulky) this truly is. I'm quite enamored with the Pilcro Crops ($88) especially when paired with the Wishbone Wedges ($148). Polishing this look off with the Un-Dainty Bracelet ($118) works well against the relaxed glam hair -- I just wish we could see the bracelet a bit better.