Guest post: Reviews by Ali

Tuesday, January 26, 2010


Ali is back with another round of guest reviews. I am thrilled with the continuing support for these posts. Thanks Ali! If you're interested in writing a guest post, please email me or click the "contact" link near the top of the blog. On to the guest post!



The first item I tried on was the lovely vibrant Bright Side Blouse ($98) by Odille that was featured in the January catalog. It is a really beautiful melon color and has a flattering fit. It does run large so I would recommend that you size down a size. This is definitely on my wish list.



The next item I tried on was the Corey Lynn Calter Larkspur Capelet Dress ($188). That is a mouthful. This brand also for a change seemed to run large. In this I took a size 4, while in other CLC dresses I have been an 8. The material is very luxe in feel and has a pretty print. My issues with it were the fit. The dress has elastic in the back so you pull it over your head. However the bodice is very meager. I wore a camisole under it and I felt I looked like the St Pauli girl. It is very pretty, but the front is too skimpy for me.



The last dress I tried on was Moulinette Soeurs. I don't see it on the web site yet. I tried it on because I loved the orange polka dots. It looked like something Grace Kelly would have worn in a film. It has a very full and flowy skirt. I tried the size 4 and felt it did not do anything for me, but I think it could look cute on someone petite. (I am 5'7".) It also had a really pretty floral print sash. Well readers that is my roundup of new items. I love seeing all the spring clothes in the stores and I cant wait for warmer weather (and the opportunity to wear them). ;)

Update 1/27: The Moulinette Soeurs Dress is now online. It's called the Optimist Dress ($148).