OOTD: Joie de vivre

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

2009-11-03 347_y


It's been a few weeks now but I have to admit I'm still perplexed by all the Anthropologie hate cynics were spewing during their "Man Shops Globe" reviews. (You can read the venom synopses in this post if you so desire.)

"Anthropologie is naming your kid Emma." Hmmph. First of all, if I have children they're going to be boys. And I will not be naming any of said boys Emma, thankyouverymuch. Secondly, I have two friends with daughters named Emma and they are two of the cutest, sweetest kids ever. So suck on that Anthro haters! Oh and while you're at it, you can add a third bullet to your Anthro venom diatribe: Anthropologie is taking smiley pictures of yourself in an outfit you really like. And not feeling one bit bad about it. (Maybe even feeling somewhat feisty about the whole thing.)


2009-11-03 354_y

I love my Conch Shell Pencil Skirt. It was my first Leifsdottir buy -- I even loved it enough to pay full price for it last spring. It gets its best workout on management meeting days at work. But I like the thought of being able to wear it out and about. Enter the Rare Bloom Tee ($58, review here) by Deletta. It's dressy enough to pair with the skirt, yet the material is casual enough to dress it down a bit if needed. In this case I went the dressier route with tights and peep toes.

Know what else goes great with this outfit? The Elodie Lily Cardigan ($128). It's a pink and purple show all the way, with a bit of dark grey courtesy of the tights. So now that I look a bit pretty, I'm going to go be rebellious somewhere. Or something like that.


2009-11-03 405_y

2009-11-03 383_y


Sweater: Elodie Lily Cardigan ($128)
Top: Rare Bloom Tee ($58)
Skirt: Conch Shell Pencil Skirt (similar here, here and here)
Tights: Gap (similar here and here)
Shoes: J.Crew Cossette Mary Jane Peep-Toes
Necklace: Forever 21 (similar here, here and here)