IRL outfit options: Drenched Helenium Tee

Tuesday, October 27, 2009



Thank you so much for your help with my Anthro shopping cart last week! I have decided to buy both the Drenched Helenium Tee ($78, review here) and the High Speed Cardigan ($128). I eliminated the third round altogether and I'm still pondering the second.

I'm stalling on the High Speed Cardigan because I heard it might be hitting sale next week but I did take the plunge on the Drenched Helenium Tee. This is the first post in a new series I'm experimenting with...real-life outfit options. Bear with me as I'm still trying to figure out 1) the best spot in my apartment to take photos; 2) whether I need to invest in a camera that supports remote shutter and 3) head or no head, weird as that sounds.



These outfits are all good fall options and can be mixed and matched pretty easily. The tee is great because it has lots of colors to choose from and pull out in your other pieces. The neckline is great for pairing with a statement necklace and the sleeves, though stiff, are still soft enough to smush properly under a cardigan. I'm really happy with the purchase...although now I'm also in love with the Paragon Top ($88). Haha. It's different enough, right? Right?

Left outfit: Banana Republic bib necklace (similar here and here), J.Crew Melanie cuff cardigan in avocado (similar here), Drenched Helenium Tee ($78), J.Crew vintage cord skirt in honey gold (similar here), Anthropologie opaque tights in brown, Eddie Bauer high heel boots (similar here)

Center outfit: Drenched Helenium Tee ($78), Anthropologie necklace (similar here) and earrings, J.Crew vintage cord skirt in glazed pecan, Kohl's tights, Flaxen Wedges

Right outfit: Charlie & Robin cardigan (similar here), Drenched Helenium Tee ($78),Gap Long & Lean Jeans, Madden Girl Raazle heels