Effortless Anthropologie turns 1! (And a contest.)

Thursday, October 29, 2009


Today is Effortless Anthropologie's 1 year blogiversary! I got myself a cupcake for lunch to celebrate. No embarassing phone call from my parents this morning though.

I know a lot of you are new to this blog's community and I want to take a moment to welcome you! I don't work for Anthropologie but I'll try to answer any questions you have here in the comments or via email. Thank you for tagging along. Another huge THANK YOU to each of you that has this blog on your blogroll or that reference it in your online writings. Quite simply you rock.

I also want to use this post to announce two new series: first, the IRL outfit series that debuted with the Drenched Helenium Tee earlier this week and second I will be posting outfits of the day in the near future. I've had several emails requesting this so that peeps can see my style (or lack thereof) and I feel it's a fair request. It won't be every day and...well I know this is hard to believe but...not everything I own is Anthropologie so there will be some Anthro-less OOTD's! But I think it'll be fun and encourage me to dress better.



I'm in a celebrating kind of mood so it's time for another contest! It's the Happy Blogiversary Contest. In honor of 1 year the prize is a $100 Anthropologie gift card. Let's get the not-so fine print out of the way....

THIS CONTEST IS NOT SPONSORED BY, ENDORSED BY OR AFFILIATED WITH ANTHROPOLOGIE OR URBAN OUTFITTERS. This contest is void where prohibited. This prize is not transferable. This prize may not be exchanged for cash. International entrants welcome! Anthropologie employee entries welcome! Winners of the last two contests on Effortless Anthropologie are NOT eligible for this contest (sorry ladies).

You may enter via any/all of the following methods:
1. Tweet about the contest. Please leave a comment to this post with a link to your tweet.
2. Blog about this contest. Make sure you include a link back to this post so peeps can enter. Leave a link to your blog post in the comments of this post.
3. Write a haiku in the comments. I heart haikus. After the haiku please leave your email address so I can contact you if you win.

Followers get an additional entry! Just leave a comment with your email address or shoot me an email to let me know you're a follower. To become a follower of the blog! (Click the "FOLLOW BLOG" button in the top translucent bar, or scroll down to "Kindred Spirits" in the sidebar and click the FOLLOW button.) If you're a follower, you're already entered once!

The winner will be announced on Friday, November 6. The winner has 72 hours to claim the prize. If the prize is not claimed in that window I'll draw a new winner.

I will now slip into a sugar coma from the cupcake. Good luck!

Update 11/6: Congrats Blondmoma! To minimize spam, comments on this post have been hidden.