Metapost: Please help me choose the right shoes.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009


There is a garment bag hanging in my guy's closet right now that he says is "a new suit." And by new suit I am pretty sure he means "Monochromatic Corset Dress for Roxy" ($188, review here). I'm so excited to wear it out on a date but I need some help picking the right pair of shoes.

I figure that I'll wear this dress one of two ways. The first way is the tough grrrl way, with some kind of boot and a leather jacket. The second way is more delicate with some permeation of a heel. I have some options and I need either help narrowing them down or some other suggestions. Any feedback, positive or negative, is welcome!

First, the tough grrrl options:
Vince Camuto at ShopStyle
Vince Camuto Zorro ($173)
I like the toughness of these.
Not sure if they're too tough though.


Vince at ShopStyle
Out of my price range, but I love the look.


undefined
If these weren't peep toe,
they'd be perfect.


Sporto at ShopStyle
Sporto Janet ($73)
Too biker chick? Maybe.


Stuart Weitzman at ShopStyle
The wedges are cool and the metal
is more subtle on these very cool
but very expensive boots.


Madden-Girl at ShopStyle
Madden Girl Zarrin (now $60)
My current fave among the tough grrrl choices.


Michael Kors at ShopStyle
KORS Michael Kors Maverick (now $205)
Highly impractical, but fashion tops function.


Kenneth Cole Reaction at ShopStyle
Kenneth Cole Reaction Pack Attack (now $124)
Simple, tough boots.


Ariat at ShopStyle
Ariat Heritage Lacer II ($120)
My favorite pair of paddock boots
is from Ariat. Time to invest in another pair
to pull double duty?


And the more delicate choices:
Naughty Monkey at ShopStyle
Naughty Monkey Posh (now $70)
These also come in black. I like the touches of metal.


Ted Baker at ShopStyle
Ted Baker Cara (now $135)
Stiletto plus Soho cobblestones spells trouble,
but these might be worth it.


undefined
Part boot, part spat, all cool.


Sofft at ShopStyle
Sofft Orlena ($140)
Love the look of these,
but do they match the dress?