Saturday, August 29, 2009

Just thought you might like to know about...Kensie

Kensie is a mid-tier brand that is carried in department stores nationally. I first discovered them at Dillard's when I was a Colorado State student and they have continued to please at Macy's Herald Square. They skew young and honestly I might be a drop too old to wear their clothing but the too old police haven't hit me yet and I'm of the attitude that "meh, coppa, you'll never take me alive!!" I always force myself to be skeptical of the fit: if it doesn't look amazing I don't buy it. That's led to leaving more than a few cute things on the rack but has served me well in the end.

Kensie at ShopStyle

What I like most is that they reinterpret trends, usually a fashion year later, in a flirty and flattering way. Most of their stuff wouldn't pass for workwear but for date night? Totally.

Kensie at ShopStyle

They twist trends into a more basic look which is nice when I feel overpowered something like an overabundance of ruffles or too many pleats, etc.

Kensie at ShopStyle

And occasionally I see something unique that strikes me. I have a few more looks below that are currently pretty cute. I own a couple of tops by Kensie and a skirt. What do you think of this brand?

Kensie at ShopStyle



Kensie at ShopStyle


Kensie at ShopStyle

8 comments:

Georgine said...

I like what I see in magazine ads, but I haven't bought Kensie for a long time, because if you think you may be too old for some styles, I am definitely too old. Still, the price point i great, and I love the style. And date night? What is that again?

Sweet Tea in Seattle said...

Every now and then I do see some very cute things in this brand! Much of it is a little young for me too though.

Stylestance said...

I think these looks are adorable but too young for me also. Like their use of ruffles though; anything with ruffles catches my eye these days :)

prettydaisy said...

There clothes are very cute and I do have a couple of skirts and tops but I find that for the most part a 37 year old mother of 4 can't pull of the look

Stylestance said...

Coincidentally, today I found a Kensie dress at TJ Maxx on the clearance rack for $23. It's lacy and ruffly, really cute, and for the price I'm giving it a try. Will tone it down with a cardigan.

Sydneygirl said...

Oh you know, I think if it's cute you can probably give it a try. Their things often catch my eye walking through Dept stores and I am mid 30s. The prices are very good - usually I think because they are polyester eg not silk. Fun little dresses but I find I hav to try them on as the cut and fit is not equiv to things at eg Anthro of course. Thanks for the post

roxy said...

There are some pieces that I see and immediately veto for being too young. Sometimes I get lucky though and a piece just works. I also still get lucky at American Eagle, especially for camis and jewelry. And beach bags! I decided I'm not too old to wear some things Kensie because Macy's keeps the brand with young woman, not junior's. :)

Anonymous said...

I think this stuff looks cheap.