Reviews: Bold Boutonniere Dress

Friday, July 31, 2009


Doesn't the model look like she's scared that someone off camera is about to grab her? Maybe it's because she grabbed the last Bold Boutonniere Dress ($128) -- lord knows I would be scared if I'd made off with the last one too.



Oddly, I think the rosette is actually bigger in real life than it looks on the product shot. But maybe that's because the product shot is probably a XS and this is a M. You will notice that the waist is sitting much higher on the waist than it is on the model shot. Sizing up to an L might fix this. But I am hesitant to (more on why below). Overall I like the look.



Here's a closeup of the rosette. Cottony, not stiff, just a pretty touch. I also adore the stripes on the skirt which straddle the line between casual and slightly dressed up.



I do have one quibble with the dress and that is the floofiness of the skirt. I don't know if it's really clear from the photo above but this dress made my tush look like it stuck out a foot from my back. The dress I tried on really needed to be steamed which may have exacerbated the problem. There is an awful lot of skirt material...maybe a bit too much. I took one look at myself from behind and said, Whoa Burlapp...just whoa...

It's not enough to stop me from buying this dress though. I will probably stick to the M lest the L have even more skirt floof. A good steam and I'll be set. Have you tried this one on yet? What did you think?