Dwelling Dos: Reversible Pillows

Monday, March 30, 2009

My friend the interior decorator has always held fast that you should invest in furniture for the long haul and pillows for the now. Giving away a pillow you don't like anymore, she says, is much easier than parting with a sofa. Truer words may never have been spoken to a short-term decorator like myself.

Every year or two I like to replace my pillows so I was excited to see Anthropologie's Dwelling Do #4...reversible pillows. Bored with one side? Just flip it over.

Orimono Pillow, Stripe ($78)

Anthro really gets into the details with their pillows. These pillows were made to last...maybe a pillow for all seasons? I have two Anthropologie pillows I'd bought a few years ago with a Mediterranean tile pattern that I loved to death. I used them as floor pillows, but they were too big to move into the city with me from Connecticut. I still occasionally search eBay and Craigslist to see if someone else is willing to part with a pair.

Orimono Pillow, Vines ($78)

What do you think of Anthro's pillows? Are they good enough to squeeze or do they belong in a museum?