New markdowns in-store

Wednesday, February 18, 2009


I guess it must be the end of the pre-Spring season, because Anthropologie added a TON of new items to their in-store sale. I am not sure if this is localized to the Soho (NYC) Anthro because when I was at their 16th St location over the weekend the selection was not this good! In fact I am totally kicking myself because I would have gotten way more with my birthday discount...or maybe this is a blessing in disguise since I am down the end of my spending budget this month.

Soho had tons of new additions to their sale section. The Compass Points Tee I just got? Marked down to $35 (I am totally calling for the difference). The Tivoli Scoopneck I bought (and ended up returning)? Marked down to $51 (I rebought it in a small, which fits much better.) The Chiffchaff cardi I was waiting on? Saw it today for $60. Scarves for $10. Two whole racks of items for $40. Some of the items seem like relatively new rollouts to me...it was so surprising that I was saying OMG while browsing the racks. I hope Anthro is OK; this worries me a bit.

Some of the items were discounted but not by much. There was a whole rack of dresses marked down about 15-20%, a whole rack of Splendid cardigans and lots of bags that I didn't recognize. I also saw a bunch of jackets, like the Origami Jacket, but didn't have time to check the price. Several items I'm eyeing were not yet on sale...I want another View From Above ($88) cardigan but it is still full price; the Curl & Twirl sweater ($88) was not on sale; the Sgraffito Squareneck ($88) is apparently never going on sale.

Many of the markdowns are not yet reflected online but I hope they will be soon. Happy hunting, and please share what's on sale at your local Anthro in the comments!