Monday, February 23, 2009

Just thought you might like to know about...Ruche


Oh search engines, look what you've gone and found for me now. Sniffing around for some past product shots last week I stumbled upon this nifty little online shop called Ruche. They call themselves a 'modern boutique with a vintage touch' and I say 'Yes please.'

The flowy dresses. The vibrant patterns. The wink and whimsy. I could easily see many pieces from this store being sold at Anthro. Apparently Ruche is online-only (brava! to that) site run out of California. And like Anthro the boutique is a co-op of handpicked items selected from independent brands.


I oohed and aahed over several of the products over on their blog look book and then decided to look around their site a bit. At first I was just looking at the products themselves but I soon noticed a pattern. Of affordability! I could not believe how fair the prices were. Tops, bottoms and dresses for around $40? Purses and shoes for the same?



I decided it was worth trying an order. After browsing for a bit I settled on the A Wrinkle in Time Ivory Dress ($33, styled above). Shipping was $5 and my order shipped next day. Best of all I love the dress! Though I had to size up to a Large I don't mind because the dress is as cute as a button. Fun and flouncy and I can't wait to wear it.

No doubt I'll be going back for more. If they had a wish list I would put the (sold-out) Beige Chiffon Sunday Dress ($40), the Jarrah Marri Dreams tank top ($37) and the Pasofino Studded Saddle Bag ($40) on it. What do you think of Ruche?

7 comments:

♥ Chloe said...

I love Ruche- their clothes are so cute and the prices are oh-so-nice. :)

paleseptember said...

cute items! I've never seen the website before... reminds me of forever 21 but a little more expensive and less trendy (more like anthro in that respect)
thanks for the post though; I'll keep Ruche bookmarked!

Anonymous said...

do you have any pictures of the dress? I was thinking of ordering it too but I was wondering what the fit/material are like!

Blair said...

Wow! Thanks so much for sharing. I couldn't believe the prices either! So, would you say that the Ruche clothes run a little small?

roxy said...

Anon @ 10:25, yes I do have pictures which I will post in this comments thread later on tonight. :)

Blair, yes I would say that Ruche clothes run a size small. Kind of like a designer brand. If you look at their (excellent) sizing chart you'll notice that their measurements run closer to, say, junior's sizes than misses. Compare their size M to Anthropologie, Gap or J.Crew's size M and you will notice a difference of a few inches.

Anonymous said...

Thanks!! I cant wait. It is so cute!

roxy said...

Hi Anon@6:07, I am unfortunately still stuck at work (ack!) so I asked my guy to take a few shots. You can view them here. I will take some more IRL shots as soon as my work sked slows down a bit. :)